|Accessories on request||
Extensions with 4 poles M12 axial connector:<BR>- Code <STRONG>426502</STRONG>: CABLE-M12-2.5 (length 2.5 m).<BR>- Code <STRONG>426505</STRONG>: CABLE-M12-5 (length 5 m).<BR>- Code <STRONG>426510</STRONG>: CABLE-M12-10 (length 10 m).
– Fit the hinge body with the built-in switch on the fixed part (frame) and the other body on the door. The distance between the axis of the hinge pin and the door must be at least 5 mm (fig.3).<BR>- Leave the least clearance between the holes on the mounting walls and the diameter of the assembly screws (Max 0.5 mm). The suggested tightening torque should not be exceeded: 5 Nm (CFS-SH) or 4 Nm (CFS-CH).<BR>- The hinge must not be used as a mechanical end-stroke either for door maximum opening or for closed door. For this purpose we recommend using external mechanical stops to prevent the door from opening completely against the hinge body assembled on the frame (fig.1) or exceeding the angle where the two interconnected surfaces are on the same plane (fig.2).<BR>- The CFS. hinge must always be assembled with at least a second CFM. standard hinge with holes (CFM.60-45- SH-6 code 425812) or with slotted holes (CFM.60-SL-CH-6 code 425822).<BR>- The connection cables must always be protected against mechanical damage. Improper installation or tampering of the hinge with built-in safety switch can make the protection ineffective and cause serious damage.
|Built-in safety switch functioning||
– The operating angle (see Operating life switching angle diagram) is set at 4° (we suggest to check it according to EN294 Standard). Under normal conditions of use, when the mechanical life of the device is over, the operating angle can get to 8°.<BR>- For applications with safety protection function, the hinge must be able to turn at least by 15°, equivalent to the forced opening (positive opening) of the contacts by the actuator.<BR>- We suggest to periodically check prior to the start up, the proper functioning of the CFS. hinge. When the protection is opened the machine must immediately stop. When the protection is opened at any degrees, the machine must not be able to start.
– Cable with M12x1 connector using the following circuit scheme.<BR>- Normally Closed contact NC: for safety applications, according to IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard, only the NC contact (for break off) must be used leaving the NO contact unused.<BR>- Normally Open contact NO: the normally open contact can be used only if the hinge is used as status indicator (signalling) in this case also the NC contact can be used simultaneously always as status indicator (signalling).
Black, matte finish.
|Features and applications||
– Safety device: this hinge with built-in switch (ELESA patent) is a safety device because in case of accidental opening of doors, machine protections, or safety doors on machines and production equipment, it automatically breaks off the power supply.<BR>- Switch equipped with two contacts: one NC contact and one change-over NO contact, form C, see IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard.<BR>- Switch set with positive opening (in compliance with IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard, K attachment): the contacts break off for the direct movement of an actuator, onto which the working force is applied through non elastic elements.<BR>- Quick release switch: the stroke speed of the contact-holder slider does not depend on the working speed.<BR>- Tamper-proof: both the fitter and the end-user cannot interfere with the hinge because the switch is built in a completely closed slot with ultrasonically welded cover.<BR>- Easy to assemble: the built-in safety switch and the hinge come in one piece. This offers a very easy and fast assembly.<BR>- Universal usage: CFS hinges can be assembled on the most common aluminium profiles.
High-rigidity SUPER-technopolymer. Resistant to solvents, oils, greases and other chemical agents.
|Rotation angle (approximate value)||
Max 180° (0° and +180° being 0° the condition where the two interconnected surfaces are on the same plane fig.1). The switching angle (see Built-in safety switch functioning and maintenance) is guaranteed from this position.<BR>The condition where the two interconnected surfaces are on the same plane is to be strictly verified because the hinge must not be stressed by any negative angle (fig. 2).
AISI 303 stainless steel.
– <STRONG>A-D</STRONG>: axial connector, microswitch on the right<BR>-<STRONG> A-S</STRONG>: axial connector, microswitch on the left<BR>- <STRONG>B-D</STRONG>: rear connector, microswitch on the right<BR>- <STRONG>B-S</STRONG>: rear connector, microswitch on the left.
– The hinge with built-in safety switch must not be used in environments with frequent temperature changes which can cause condensation, in the presence of explosive or flammable gasses. <BR>- The hinge with built-in safety switch must always be protected with a proper fuse (see table). <BR>- The choice and use of the hinge with built-in safety switch is the responsibility of the customer who will check that the relevant application is compliant to the safety standards in force under the actual operating conditions.<BR>- Using CFS hinges always implies a full knowledge of and compliance with the safety standards in force, including EN 954-1, EN 60204-1, EN1088, EN ISO 12100-1, EN ISO 12100-2.
Assembly holes: <BR>- <STRONG>CFS-SH</STRONG>: pass-through holes for M6 countersunk-head screws UNI 5933, DIN 7991. <BR>- <STRONG>CFS-CH</STRONG>: pass-through slotted holes for shortened cylindrical head screws with hexagon socket UNI 9327, DIN 6912. <BR>